Catastrophic Injuries Occur in Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents in New Orleans are some of the most serious on the road, often resulting in catastrophic injuries or death for those involved. As a result, it’s important to understand why these types of accidents happen so that you can better protect yourself and your loved ones while driving. These collisions tend to involve high speeds, multiple vehicles, or simply a single vehicle flipping over after hitting another object on the road. Below are some of the main reasons why rollover accidents happen:
- Speeding – Driving too fast for the conditions is one of the most common causes of rollover accidents. Speeding gives drivers less time to react in a hazardous situation and can cause them to lose control of their vehicle.
- Driver error – Poor driving skills, such as not paying attention to the road and ignoring traffic laws, can also lead to a rollover accident.
- Road conditions – Poor road conditions, such as potholes or loose gravel, can cause a vehicle to lose traction and rollover.
- Vehicle design – Certain types of vehicles, like SUVs and pickup trucks, are more prone to rollover accidents due to their higher center of gravity.
- Tire blowouts – Tires that are not properly maintained can lead to blowouts, which can cause drivers to panic and lose control of their vehicle.
- Alcohol or drug use – Impairment by alcohol or drugs can decrease a driver’s reaction time and lead to loss of control.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
In New Orleans, it is important to remember that recovering damages in a personal injury case can be complicated and time-consuming. It is essential to seek legal representation from an experienced lawyer who understands the local laws and procedures related to personal injury cases. A qualified lawyer can help ensure that all the necessary evidence is collected and presented to support your claim. Furthermore, they can guide you through the process and represent you in court if necessary.
You Need Your Attorney’s Help to Recover Maximum Compensation
If you are injured in a car accident, you can increase your chances of recovering fair compensation by working with a knowledgeable attorney. To determine your rights and options after an injury in New Orleans, you should contact a qualified attorney soon.
Filing Within the Statute of Limitations
To file personal injury claims in New Orleans, those who are injured are limited to filing before the one year deadline. Therefore, you must file the case within one year of the accident or discovery of the injury. Plaintiffs may be unable to recover damages if their claims are not filed within this timeframe.
Lawyers at the Olinde Law Firm specialize in auto accidents
Those responsible for an accident injury can be held liable for the damage caused by the negligent motorist. The Olinde Law Firm can assist you in recovering your economic losses, including medical care and lost wages. To find out how you can recover compensation in New Orleans, contact us at (800) 587-1889 for a free consultation. Contact us online as well.