Injuries Caused by T-Bone Crashes
T-bone crashes, also called broadside collisions, can result in serious injuries due to the force of two vehicles colliding. This is because the front end of one vehicle impacts the side of the other vehicle at a right angle. The most common types of injury caused by broadside accidents include the following:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is one of the most common types of injuries caused by T-bone accidents and it occurs when the head jerks forward and then backward or from side to side. This can result in strain and inflammation to the muscles and tissues of the neck, leading to pain, stiffness, and limited mobility.
- Head and brain trauma: Head and brain trauma are also common in T-bone accidents due to the force of the impact that could cause the skull to hit the dashboard or window. This can lead to concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and other serious medical conditions that may and the potential of being struck by an airbag or other objects.
- Broken bones: When the force of T-bone crashes occurs, it can throw passengers in the vehicle around and cause broken bones or other fractures. Broken arms, legs, and ribs are some of the more common fractures that often occur in these types of accidents.
- Internal injuries: Internal injuries, such as damaged organs and internal bleeding, can also occur in broadside accidents due to the force of impact. These serious types of injuries can lead to life-threatening conditions and require immediate medical attention.
- Soft tissue trauma: Injuries to soft tissues, such as contusions, strains or sprains, can also occur in these types of accidents. These types of injuries often cause severe pain that may take months or years to fully heal.
- Lacerations: Lacerations, or cuts, can be caused by broken glass or other debris in T-bone crashes. These injuries can cause serious bleeding and should be addressed by a medical professional.
- Spinal cord or back damage: Spinal cord or back damage can also be caused by a broadside accident. This type of injury could in paralysis and a variety of other medical complications that can have a long-lasting impact on the victim.
Seeking Help From a Personal Injury Lawyer
These types of injuries often require extensive medical treatment and physical rehabilitation. As a result, they can be very costly and disrupt an individual’s life for weeks or even months. If you have been injured in a T-Bone accident, it is important that you consider seeking legal representation from a qualified attorney who understands personal injury law. An experienced attorney can help you get the compensation that you deserve for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Olinde Law Firm
The Olinde Law Firm helps you get compensation for your losses, such as your medical expenses, wages you lost from your inability to work, and others after a traffic accident caused by another person’s negligence. Our goal is to help you obtain the compensation you deserve, and we will work hard to do so. You can reach us for a free consultation either at (800) 587-1889 or (504) 587-1440 here in New Orleans. We can also be reached online.