Size and Weight Difference Can Lead to Severe Injuries in an Accident
Accidents involving a big rig are some of the most dangerous on the road, especially when you are traveling along the interstates around New Orleans. These large vehicles can cause serious injuries and even death. If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident with a big truck, it is essential to obtain legal advice as soon as possible.
There are many dangers associated with accidents involving big trucks. First, these vehicles are much larger than passenger cars. This means that they can do more damage in an accident. Second, big trucks often carry heavy loads. This can make them more difficult to control and can cause them to overturn easily. Finally, big trucks typically travel at high speeds. This increases the likelihood of an accident and makes the resulting injuries more severe.
Protecting Your Rights After a Collision With a Big Rig
If you have been involved in an accident with a big truck, it is critical to talk to a truck accident lawyer. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages for your injuries. He or she will also be able to investigate the accident and determine who was at fault. Contact a personal injury lawyer today to learn more about your rights and how to protect them.
Types of Accidents Involving Big Rigs
There are many different types of accidents that can occur when big rigs are involved. Here is a list of some of the most common:
- Underride/override collisions – These accidents occur when a big rig rear-ends or sideswipes a smaller vehicle. The impact can cause the smaller vehicle to slide underneath the truck, which can result in serious injuries or even death.
- Head-on collisions – Head-on collisions with a big rig are particularly dangerous because of the high speeds involved.
- Jackknife accidents – These accidents occur when a big rig’s trailer swings out from behind the cab, forming a 90-degree angle. Jackknife accidents can be caused by braking too hard or by taking a turn too sharply.
- Rollover accidents – These accidents occur when a big rig overturns. Rollover accidents are often caused by heavy loads, improperly loaded cargo, high speeds or sudden turns.
- Blind spot accidents – These accidents occur when a big rig changes lanes and fails to check its blind spot. Blind spot accidents can be prevented if truck drivers take the time to check their mirrors and blind spots before changing lanes.
This is not an exhaustive list, but it does include some of the most commonly seen types of accidents that result in serious injuries or death. If you have been involved in any type of accident with a big rig, help is a phone call away. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages for your injuries and will also be able to investigate the accident to determine who was at fault. Contact an experienced truck injury lawyer today to learn how they can help you recover compensation such as the cost of your medical bills, lost wages and for your pain and suffering.
Olinde Law Firm
The compensation you deserve after a truck accident is your right. With the Olinde Law Firm, you can rest assured that we will investigate your case and assist you with your next steps. We will be happy to review your case for free when you call (800) 587-1889. The injury lawyers on our team will be happy to answer any questions you may have. We can also be contacted online.