Collecting Compensation for Future Damages if Your Injury Is Ongoing

Not all personal injury cases are cut and dried. That is, the injured party doesn’t recover in a short time, perhaps becomes permanently disabled and future damages have to be calculated to include in the settlement. Since they were injured by someone else’s negligent actions, it is only fair that the at-fault party provides adequate compensation to financially cover those injuries. 

Contact an Experienced Lawyer to Get Full Compensation for Your Injuries

Some injuries can be ongoing for months and qualify for future damages. Others may be permanent and result in partial or complete disability, which affects not only the individual’s quality of life and ability to work but can cause extreme financial strain. Contacting a personal injury attorney such as those at the Olinde Law Firm can find you the help you need to recover the compensation for your current and future expenses as well as your pain and suffering. Call them today in the New Orleans area at (504) 587-1440 or (800) 587-1889 to find out how they can help you.

What Future Damages Can I Recover?

You can recover all the future damages of your medical expenses, lost earnings and pain and suffering that are expected to accrue into the future. These can be calculated into your personal injury claim so that you don’t have to worry about medical costs. 

Medical Expenses

There is a high cost associated with medical care, and if you suffer a severe personal injury that requires the need for future surgeries, physical therapy, and even years of treatment, you may be entitled to extensive future damages. If your care is expected to include future procedures such as surgeries, you will be entitled to compensation for each procedure, including inflation costs.

Earning Capacity Loss in the Future

If you become permanently disabled, you can collect your salary until the age when you would have normally retired as well as pension and insurance benefits plus other perks you received in your job. If you can no longer perform your previous job because of your injury and have to take one that pays less, the difference in salaries can be added to your award.

 Compensation for Continued Pain and Suffering 

You can also collect compensation for your pain and suffering if it is expected to continue into the future. The time it takes for you to physically recover from an injury is based on the medical records you have. In some cases, chronic problems can develop, which makes the pain and suffering go on longer than the original estimate. 

There are many permanent injuries such as severe fractures, back problems or spinal cord damage that can cause continuing pain. Complications and unresolved issues can cause long-term continuing pain. As a result, your future damages for pain and suffering would be much larger than that of someone who recovers in a shorter period.

Olinde Law Firm Is Here to Help

A lawyer may be able to provide you with legal insight if you are injured in a car accident. You can reach the Olinde Law Firm by calling (504) 587-1440 or (800) 587-1889 or by visiting our website. We’ve helped many clients get their lives back on track and receive the compensation they deserve after a personal injury. Our free case review is the first step.