On March 22, 2020, Governor Edwards issued a Stay at Home Order for Louisiana in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The order has been extended to April 30, 2020, to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
According to the Office of the Governor, Louisiana residents can:
- Travel to medical appointments, purchase groceries, and pick up medications at pharmacies.
- Pick up take-out from restaurants (some restaurants also offer delivery options).
- Leave home to care for a family member or friend.
- Walk pets, ride bicycles, jog, hike, or enjoy nature, provided you maintain the six-feet social distancing requirements.
- Assist another person in getting necessary supplies.
For a complete list of the do’s and don’ts of Louisiana’s shelter in place order, you can visit the Governor’s website. The website also has information regarding which businesses are considered essential. Essential businesses may remain open. Employees of essential businesses may travel to and from work.
Tips for Stay At Home During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Individuals and families are facing challenges as they comply with the stay at home order in Louisiana. Parents are becoming teachers as they supervise homeschooling for their children. Family members may be separated during this time to protect vulnerable and high-risk individuals from contracting COVID-19. However, staying at home is essential to slow and stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Below are several tips that can help make staying at home a little easier for you and your family.
- If you are working from home, get up at your normal time, and follow a normal work schedule as much as possible.
- Set a school schedule for your children that works for your family. As long as the schoolwork is complete, you can set a schedule that allows you to work from home and schedule fun activities that help your children remain active and maintain their emotional wellbeing.
- Eat healthily. It is easier to snack on junk food during this time, especially when you are bored. Try to keep healthy snacks at home and drink plenty of water.
- Go outside as much as possible to get fresh air and exercise. Remember, you must follow all rules regarding social distancing and the requirement to stay at home.
- Try to follow the same sleep schedule. It is easy to get into the habit of staying up late and sleeping in each morning. However, keeping a regular sleep schedule can be good for your mental and physical health.
- Avoid watching COVID-19 news 24/7. You need to keep up with the changes and information available regarding the pandemic. However, watching the coverage 24/7 can cause depression and stress.
- Utilize online services available for adults and children. Many services are offering extended free trials during the next few months.
- If you are having trouble paying your bills, contact your creditors to inquire about special programs available to relieve some of the financial problems many people are facing right now.
Contact Our New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyer
Attorney Fred Olinde and the legal team at The Olinde Firm is open for business and ready to work for you. We encourage you to contact our office by calling (504) 587-1440 or 1-800-587-1889 for a free telephone consultation with one of our Louisiana personal injury lawyers.
We are here to answer your questions regarding motor vehicle accidents and defective medical products. Call now to talk to an attorney from home.