Are you ready for 2020? As we watch another year come to an end, we want to take a moment to wish our friends, family, and clients a happy and safe New Year. With that in mind, we would like to take this opportunity to pass on a few of our favorite tips for a healthy and happy New Year. We invite you to share your tips with our readers and us in the comments below. We also love hearing from you.
Happy New Year from Your New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyers of The Olinde Law Firm
Tips for a Healthy New Year in New Orleans
- Exercise more. New Orleans has great walking and riding trails. We have several parks that offer a variety of sports and recreational opportunities for the entire family.
- Spend more time with your family and friends. Take time to celebrate milestones and remember the things that mean the most to you.
- Eat a healthy diet. Begin with a healthy breakfast to give you energy and help you make healthier food choices throughout the day. Add more vegetables and fruits to your meals. Cook meals together as a family to save money and create healthier choices. It is also a great way to spend time together!
- Schedule time for activities that do not involve electronics. Technology makes our lives easier and it is a great tool, but it can also keep us from spending time outdoors, reading, and interacting with each other.
- Get plenty of rest in the new year. Seven to eight hours of sleep each night can help you stay healthy. It can also help you avoid traffic accidents because of drowsy or fatigued driving.
- Wash your hands. Cold and flu season may pass, but you can still pick up colds and other illnesses. Washing your hands is one of the best ways to stop the spread of germs.
- Volunteer with a local charity. Volunteering is a great way for you and your family to give back to New Orleans. It is also rewarding and teaches children about the benefits of being involved in their community and helping others.
- Make time for yourself in 2020. Taking time for yourself helps improve your wellbeing and emotional health, which allows you to take care of the ones you love.
- Treat yourself every once in a while. It is good to maintain a healthy diet, but it can also be wonderful to enjoy that cookie or ice cream cone every once in a while.
- Plan a vacation. Everyone needs time off. Make it a family event. Work together throughout the year to save money for your vacation. Purchase books and spend time planning what you want to do during your vacation.
Contact Our New Orleans Personal Injury Lawyers if You Need Help
We hope everyone has a safe New Year. However, if you or a family member is injured in an accident, Attorney Fred Olinde and the legal team at The Olinde Law Firm are here to help. Let us handle your personal injury claim so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Call (504) 587-1440 or 1-800-587-1889 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Louisiana personal injury attorneys.