When you are injured in a car accident, you might have several questions about filing an injury claim. Our attorneys want to help you understand the process of filing a personal injury claim by answering each of your questions. Below are several of the most common questions our attorneys answer during the free consultation.

  1. How much do you charge?

This is one of the first questions a person asks when they meet with a personal injury lawyer. It is understandable that you would be worried about paying our attorney fees because you have probably been out of work because of the accident. You also may have high medical costs that you are trying to deal with in addition to paying living expenses and other bills.

In most cases, you do not need to worry about paying our attorney fees until we recover money for your claim. This procedure is called a contingency fee. We want you to be able to have access to legal counsel; therefore, you wait until we settle your claim and you receive money before paying our attorney fee.

  1. Will I need to file a personal injury lawsuit?

Some people worry about filing a lawsuit because of the cost, the amount of time, testifying in court, etc. Our lawyers want to help you settle your claim for the highest amount possible in a timely fashion. Therefore, we will do our best to negotiate a settlement without filing a lawsuit because settlements usually take less time than lawsuits.

However, our attorneys are highly skilled trial lawyers who are prepared to go to court if the insurance company refuses to act in good faith to settle your claim for a reasonable amount. We will discuss all options with you and help you decide the best option for your case.

  1. What expenses and losses can I receive money for if I file an accident claim?

The type of damages you might be able to recover money for in a personal injury case depends on several factors. In most cases, you are entitled to recover your financial losses or out-of-pocket expenses, such as medical costs, lost wages, and property damages. You are also entitled to file a claim for your pain and suffering damages.

However, each case is different.  Therefore, we work closely with you to ensure we include every amount that you might be entitled to recover in your accident claim. Our staff can help you document various losses and expenses to increase your chance of receiving full compensation for all losses and damages.

  1. Can I still receive money if I am partially at fault?

Even if you believe you could have contributed to the cause of the crash, it is still a good idea to consult with an attorney. Under Louisiana law, you might be entitled to partial compensation even if you are at-fault for the crash.

Call a New Orleans Car Accident Attorney

Do you have questions about filing a car accident claim? If so, we encourage you to contact Attorney Fred Olinde of The Olinde Firm for a free consultation. Call our office at (504) 587-1440 or 1-800-587-1889 to request a free consultation with a New Orleans accident attorney.