Being involved in a car accident is frustrating as well as painful. You must deal with the financial aspect of a car accident in addition to the physical and emotional pain you experience. Car accident victims face many expenses related to a car accident. Below are the most common expenses you can expect to incur if you are in a motor vehicle accident.
Common Motor Vehicle Accident Expenses
- EMS Transport, Emergency Room Fees, and Medical Bills – If you are seriously injured in a car, motorcycle, or truck accident, you can expect to receive bills from EMS, the emergency room, physicians, technicians, labs, and other medical providers. If you have health insurance, your provider may pay some of these bills; however, you may be required to pay back your health insurance company out of any settlement proceeds you receive. Our experienced NoLA car accident attorney can help you decide how to best handle medical bills until your accident claim is settled and help you deal with subrogation rights with your health insurance provider.
- Property Damages – If another driver is at fault for the collision, his or her insurance should pay to repair or replace your vehicle. In some cases, you may need to work with your own insurance company to repair your vehicle if the other driver’s insurance company is disputing liability. Having an experienced New Orleans car accident attorney handle your property damage claim can reduce your stress and ensure the insurance company does not take advantage of you as you are struggling to recover from injuries and deal with the aftermath of your car wreck.
- Car Rental Fees – You may require the use of a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired. Again, the other driver’s insurance should pay for this expense; however, having an attorney help smooth the process so that you can focus on your recovery.
- Lost Wages – Being injured means being out of work. You have the right to receive compensation for your economic losses including your lost wages from the driver who caused the motor vehicle accident. Unfortunately, you will not receive this money until your case is settled. Our attorneys understand how difficult it may be to make ends meet. They can offer suggestions that have helped other clients handle this frustrating situation during a car accident lawsuit.
- Other Economic Damages – Any out-of-pocket expenses related to the car accident should be reimbursed by the other driver’s insurance company. Sometimes our attorneys must fight for your right to be reimbursed for items such as over-the-counter medications, at-home medical supplies, personal care, child care, travel expense, and help with household chores. Keep all receipts for payments you make related to the car accident.
- Attorney Fees and Costs – We understand that money may be limited but we believe you deserve to have an experienced car accident attorney on your side. Therefore, we accept most accident cases on a contingency fee basis meaning you owe us nothing until we recover money on your behalf.
To ensure you are reimbursed for all of your expenses from a car accident, call our office for a free legal consultation!
New Orleans Car Accident Attorneys
The NoLA personal injury attorneys of The Olinde Firm are here to help you recover full compensation for your Louisiana car accident. Contact our office at (504) 587-1440 or 1-800-587-1889 to schedule a free legal consultation.